1) What is the shelf-life of Colorado Spice Products?
- The shelf life on our spices is 3 years because we use all-natural and organic ingredients. A lot of our spices will be fine a few years after their 3-year “best by” date. However, when you get to about 7-10 years, even if the products are stored in a cool, dry place out of the sun and the pouch/container is unopened, they will lose a lot of their flavor and natural coloration. Without a ton of preservatives, there are natural things that occur with food products, like spices, that are simply unavoidable.
2) Where can I find the “Best By” date on your packages?
- A “Best By” date is embossed on the bottom of every pouch. If you’re having a hard time finding it, run your fingers along the edges of the pouch until you feel the embossment.
- If you purchase our spices in a jar or container, the “Best By” date will be printed right on the front label.
3) Is it possible to ship Colorado Spice products abroad?
- Unfortunately, due to strict rules and regulations around importing food products, we are unable to ship items to individuals outside of the United States.
4) Do you offer any gluten-free spices?
- Absolutely. All of our spice blends are gluten-free except for the following:
- Cajun Catfish Rub
- Ahi Tuna Rub
- Dover Malt Seasoning
- Hickory Chicken Rub
- Asian Fish Breading
- Coho Salmon Breading
5) Do you offer any vegan spices?
- Yes. To confirm whether or not a product is Vegan, you can view the ingredient statement by clicking on the specific product in question. If you have any Vegan recipes that you’d like to share with us, we encourage you to visit our Facebook page and post your recipe successes! facebook.com/ColoradoSpice
6) How do I use your rubs & blends?
- Colorado Spice seasonings were designed to help you create delicious and healthy meals! You can use them in a variety of ways:
- Basic & Easy – Rub fish with seasoning and cook as you would normally.
- Marinade – Mix seasoning with a small amount of olive oil to create a marinade, baste seafood and cook as desired.
Simple Gourmet Recipe – Follow scrumptious recipe on back of package to create an easy gourmet dish. Gourmet recipes can also be found on the website.
Experiment – Taste a small amount of seasoning and experiment with your own delicious recipe! Share your successful recipes at: facebook.com/ColoradoSpice.
7) Are any of your spices Kosher?
- Yes! We have a large assortment of spice blends that are certified Kosher. That information can be found by clicking on the specific product in question – if they are Kosher certified, it will be stated right after the ingredient listing.
8) What measures do you take to inspect your products?
- We go above and beyond to ensure the safety of our food by subjecting all of our meat and chicken products to a daily inspection process by the USDA. Our facilities received a “Superior” rating, the highest possible, by The American Institute of Baking (AIB), an independent inspector committed to protecting the safety of the food supply. We also have a quality team who cooks and tastes each of the flavors being produced every day.
9) Where are you located?
- We are based in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Our address is 6350 Gunpark Drive, Boulder, CO, 80301. All of our products are produced and shipped from our Boulder, CO facility.
10) What are your “office” hours?
- We are available by phone and e-mail Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm MST.
11) Can I phone in an order?
- Of course! Just call us toll free at (800) 677-7423
12) As a company that strives to preserve the natural environment, what are some of your “green” practices?
- We are committed to serving our community and environment. We support many organizations that are dedicated to preserving our planet, and sponsor various volunteers and activists in their missions to explore and better understand our planet. We also recycle, compost, have highly efficient lighting, and are committed to continually making our business more self‐sustaining and becoming a net zero energy user.
13) Do you offer any organic spices?
- Yes! Colorado Spice continues to expand its USDA certified organic line, as part of an ongoing effort to provide the highest-quality products while promoting sustainability.
14) I have an allergy. Is your food suitable for me?
- Although we use good manufacturing practices to segregate ingredients according to allergen program standards, and rigorously clean our equipment, our products are produced in a facility that processes peanuts, milk, soy, wheat, gluten, egg and tree nut ingredients. Please contact our customer service department with any questions: email@example.com or 800.677.7423.